According to the State Of Illinois Voting Information
To be eligible to register to vote, you must:
Registration is open year round except during the 27-day period just prior to an election and during the 2-day period after each election (1 day after in Chicago).
- Be a United States citizen
- Not be convicted of an offense and in jail
- Be at least age 18 on or before the next election
- Not claim the right to vote anywhere else
- Live in your election precinct at least 30 days prior to the next election.
You may submit a voter registration form at any Driver's License Facility, in person or by mail through the McLean County Clerk's Office, or through Towanda Area voter deputy registrars: